Open Water Diver certificate
Have you been thinking about scuba diving for a long time to get to know the underwater world in Latvian waters, the Red Sea or elsewhere in the world? A great opportunity to start or continue the underwater diving training and get a certificate that will allow you to dive up to a depth of 18 meters, wherever you are! It is an opportunity to be with like-minded people and to travel together.
What is an Open Water Diver?
The PADI Open Water Diver is your first basic certification taught by a professional PADI Diver Instructor. The Open Water Diver course is an introductory training program for scuba divers, consisting of theoretical and practical diving lessons and preparation for a diver's certificate.
How the Open Water Diver training works
- Training theory in an easy-to-understand format, in a classroom on a blackboard or in the form of a video film on physics, physiology, the environment and diving equipment;
- Practical lessons with an instructor in an open water tank (pool lessons in the winter season);
- The amount of course training is 15 hours, divided into seven lesson days;
- After completing the course and passing the exams is issued
- PADI Open Water Diver certificate.
Useful information about Open Water Diver certificate
- The minimum age of the visitor is from 10 years of obtaining the “Junior Open Water Diver” certificate or from 15 years of obtaining the “Open Water Diver” certification;
- Available diving equipment: equipment (wetsuit, mask, buoyancy compensator (vest), fins, regulator, booties, gloves, balloon);
- Necessary clothes for diving courses: towel, swimsuit or swimming trunks;
- The Open Water Diver Certificate makes it possible to completeAdvanced Open Water Diver”Course;
- Training working hours are all year round, on working days or weekends - by agreement;
- The training venue is in a swimming pool and / or open water.
After basic diving training, many new opportunities open up for you
- Continue your diving education and gain experience;
- After demonstrating diving skills, it is possible to start the next course - Advanced Open Water diver and receive the next, diver's 2nd degree diver's international certificate PADI AOWD with a discount 10%;
- Become a Rescue Diver, on the course "PADI Rescue Diver", led by the diving club "Diving";
- Become even a Diving Master, a professional diver, in the course "PADI Divemaster", led by the diving club "Diving";
- Join the scuba diving club DAIVINGS and travel with other club divers, get to know many diving places in Latvia.
Learn interesting useful scuba diver specializations
- Dry suit diver
- Full fee
- Underwater scooter
- Ice diver
- Search and save
- Diving with enriched air nitrox
- or any other specialization of PADI divers
Diving lessons accompanied by an instructor in the underwater park Sloka: instruction + equipment + diving
If you want to feel weightlessness and freedom, go to the dolomite reservoir in Sloka, where a certified instructor will teach you to dive underwater. It is considered to be one of the most complete forms of meditation, because when immersed, one is alone with oneself and in complete harmony in the world. Discover the exciting and mysterious underwater world!
About the diving offer
- Diving training for 1 person or a full training course with a certificate
- Duration of the lesson in one lesson: 120 minutes of dressing, instruction and in the water
- Towels, swimsuit or swimming trunks, as well as slippers must be taken with you to the training
What is outdoor scuba diving?
- It is an unforgettable adventure in discovering the world of water
- The first scuba diving, under the supervision of an instructor, takes place in a warm neoprene suit and diver's equipment.
- During the reconnaissance, you will receive instructions on how to operate the diver's equipment
- The instructor will show you how to attach a scuba balloon to a diver's buoyancy vest, how to attach a breathing regulator to the diver's balloon and vest
- We adjust the dimensions of the fins and the suit to each diver, so tell your instructor in advance about the size of your feet and suit.
- During the dive, the instructor will teach you to breathe with a regulator, to swim with a scuba, to blow water from the mask, to equalize the pressure in the ears, and also to teach basic hand signals.
Join the club and continue diving with the diving club Diving
- After obtaining the certificate, by participating in trips organized by "Daivings.lv" instructors, you will be able to tour the most beautiful diving places in the Baltic States - the underwater park Sloka in Latvia,
- Underwater prison Rum in Estonia
- Diving in the Zemaitija Lake Plateliai National Park in Lithuania
- As well as get to know the world and explore the most beautiful underwater places on our planet.